July 29–August 2, 2013
- “A little animated gif for the latest digital issue of Wired Italia” by Timothy J. Reynolds
- Discover your design ancestors (designcestors?) with Dribbble Draft Rewinder by Jona
- You’re Never too Old to be Young by Julieta Felix and Ben Pelley for Disney’s Pinterest page
- New banners for Google AdWords by Jamie Nicoll
- An Alien with a Magnet, “one of the brightest, most colorful trips through outer space ever” (Gamezebo) from RZ Design (Ricardo de Zoete) and Rejected Games (Luas Hoenderdos), now available in some markets for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)
- The Butter Brothers Bakery and Bistro (in Budapest!) wall; design by Ben Didier (This entry brought to you by the letter “B.”)
- PlayHaus by Dangerdom, “a fun app for kids that teaches basic concepts like shape, color and space that is centered around building your own house out of building blocks.”
- Phillips’ You Need to Hear This campaign, posted by Ged Palmer
- “A pocket UI kit,” AKA Best Designers Ever’s business card
- Never Stop Adventuring poster by Brandon Makes; he and the rest of the Tack Mobile team took a screen printing workshop at Ink Lounge in Denver.
We Like Lightning
- Lightning because Maggie Famigliette bought Magadeth.com. Let’s melt faces!
- Lightning Bug by Justin Harrell
- Washington from Luke Anspach’s Branding 50 States series
- Johnson Bros. Speed Shop poster by Jason Johnson
- Eye T-shirt for Kveikur, the latest album from Icelandic post-rockers Sigur Ròs; designed by Derek Broad
- The Lost Type Co-op T-shirt, designed by Dan Gneiding
On The Wall
- Meagan Hyland’s alphabet of Sherlock Holmes-related icons for Elements of the Elementary, a multi-media exhibit devoted to the detective opening today at Dublin’s White Lady Art Gallery
- Kelli Anderson’s book covers project, “a totally-analog, 100% paper installation at the New York Public Library to showcase books selected by Maria Popova”
- Woody Allen by Mike Williamson
- Unvael (music curation and community) by Danny Jones
- Laneige by Lotta Nieminen
It’s Time To Get Things Started
- Minimal Muppets for Disney by Craig Watkins
- Virginia Poltrack got Google Glass! As she learns, she’s sharing via Dribbble and tutorial videos.
- Typedia hails Joluvian’s new Zulia type, “a brash brush script” which the designer named for the Venezuelan state of Zulia in honor of his zuliana mother.
On The Calendar
- Aug 2-4: Beach party at Kudos Beach Club on the Black Sea, Constanta, Romania; poster by Alex Tass.
- Aug 2-26: Edinburgh Festival Fringe; show poster for comedy troupe Aa and A by Alex Odam
- Aug 3: 10th annual Rockerbox, “Milwaukee’s motorcycle street festival”; T-shirt by Brett Stenson
- Aug 3: Watermelon Day. Bambi Edlund designed this “page of fun facts about good ol’ watermelon.”
- Justin Pervorse is going to be a dad!
- Daniel Thomas is visiting France. “Anyone recommend any cool things to do while in Bordeaux?”
- Code School is updating its FB page; posted by Jordan Wade.
- Over at Salesforce, they’re busy laughing at their own jokes; posted by Christopher Auyeung
- Shopify acquired Toronto design agency Jet Cooper and celebrated one-year and five-year employee anniversaries; posted by Holly Schofield
- Spotify is decorating its new offices; illustration by Amy Bierbach
- Trulia updated Trulia Android, including a refresh of the property details page “to become a rich one pager with our latest visual language”; posted by Susan Lin
Denver, CO, USA Fri Aug 2 6pm SteadBrook, 46 South Broadway
Dallas, TX, USA Thu Aug 8 7pm Flying Saucer 4578 Belt Line Road Addison