August 5–9, 2013
Check out our first-ever Meetup Wrap-up, detailing the good times (with beef!) had at the recent Dropbox + Dribbble gathering at Dropbox HQ in SF. We’d love to run a wrap-up of other Dribbble meetups, too. Because we can’t attend them all, we ask you to send email@example.com a few pictures (5 max, names of folks in photos appreciated if you have them), and a few basic details: where, when, how many Dribbblers present, any other fun bits you like to highlight. Use the subject line “Meetup Wrap-Up.” We’ll write UP the wrap-UP and post it UP here. Word UP!
- Hospital for Hope website by Hasan Syed; The new “self-sustainable hospital in an extremely under-served area of the Indian state of Jharkhand” recently hired its first doctor and nurses.
- Water is Life Giving T-shirts by Zachary Smith for Sevenly; $7 of every purchase goes to Generosity Water, “dedicated to ending the clean water crisis in developing countries, one community at a time.”
- Backstreet Boys website by Michael Martinho. I want it that way!
- Meagan Fisher designed the website for Radar, a smart app for tracking things you do often, created by Tom Germeau
- Dungeons & Dragons Online redesign by MadGlory Interactive, posted by Seth Louey
- iDrinkWater app “will help you to drink regularly in order to satisfy the daily requirement, avoiding the dehydration and the sense of exhaustion that we often feel.” Designed by Jackalstudio; developed by Michele Iacubino.
- Viz, “the first iOS App that lets you create simple graph charts instantly”; by Alberto Antoniazzi
- Chrysalis print by David Lanham
- Dodge Ram prints and print ads by Dan Cassaro
- Kentucky State Fair Board Game for Louisville Magazine August issue by Robby Davis
- Space Alphabet print by Brad Woodard and 55 Hi’s
We Like Dogs
- Dog Walkin’, detail of a poster for the Tyler School of Art @ Temple University, by Rachel Ignotofsky
- Design for in-house shirts at creative network HERENOW, posted by Zach Minard; “Since we’re known for a pack of dogs circling the office during the day it was only right to include one.”
- Red Flannel dog food packaging by Benjamin Krueger
- Serve and Protect police dog training logo by Guilherme Pinheiro
- Tresorfabrik recording studio/video and music production logo by Philipp Rappold
Working It Out
- Alex Lockwood has assumed direction and design responsibilities for Logic+Magic, LEAP creative agency’s magazine.
- CJ Melegrito has joined the Bohemian Coding team. Rhapsody!
- Nick Pring went freelance.
Without You We’d Never Know…
- …about Vintage-themed, aviation-style furniture: Le Home Vintage, Moscow logo by David Cran
- …that Sunday is the start of the workweek in Dubai; by Christine Kawasaki-Chan/Ogilvy & Mather for Expedia’s Travel Yourself Interesting campaign
- Go Media’s Arsenal has released the Go Media building texture collection; Simon Hartmann has written a related tutorial.
- Communication Arts profiles Roy Margaliot and his work, including Dreams of the Old One. “When I am not working, I am learning Judaism in a Yeshiva, asking questions about life and trying to understand them. Most of the time my mind is full of it, so I guess it is a great filter for my artwork.”
On The Calendar
- Aug 9: Last day of the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week; Shark Icons by Dan Blessing
- Aug. 11: The final 8-episode run of Breaking Bad begins. Team Dribbble is psyched.
- Evolution of Walter White by Justyna Szczepankiewicz
- Crystal Blue Persuasion print by Paul Granese
- Walter White digital pencil sketch by Paul Robinson
- Say My Name digital painting by Chris Ham
- Back to Work by Zack Davenport
- Greg Christman’s little guy Oliver is turning 2.
- Dylan Moss has discovered The Wonder Years. Kevin and Winnie forever! (FYI, Kevin is now 37; Winnie, 38.)
- Josh DeLoach is getting married.
- Join the Dribbble Fantasy Football Mini-league! Posted by Joel Freeborn.
- As part of its initiative to solidify a style guide, Disqus has been fine tuning its color palette; posted by Vince Lane.
- Vox Media “tweaked the Verge homepage and made it a brighter, happier place.”
Mountain View, CA, USA Tue Aug 13 6pm Red Rock Coffee 201 Castro St
New York City, NY, USA Thu Aug 15 7:30pm Location TBD
Louisville, KY, USA Thu Aug 15 6pm Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse 401 E Main St
Copenhagen, Denmark Fri Aug 16 6pm Gothersgade 8B, 2fl, Boltens Gaard