August 12–16, 2013
Sorry to disappoint: it’s not Friday yet! We’ve moved our Replay to Monday mornings, so we can catch all the Friday afternoon goodness an end-of-the-week release might miss. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @susannabaird with ideas for upcoming issues!
- The new GoSquared, posted by James Gill
- Hawk Funn debuts today on FB. In the (possibly) world’s first-ever work of illustrated social fiction, Steve Lowtwait tells the story of a man who never goes indoors.
- Textbooks in Google Play’s digital shop; illustration by Richard Perez
- Redesigned Mohawk Fine Papers homepage and navigation system; designed by Kevin Richardson and Jonathan Christopher of Iron to Iron; development by Avatar New York
- AEIOFU T-shirt by Jennifer Daniel
- ShipInsight Media brochure; design, layout and infographics by Jonathan Quintin
- Slow & Steady T-Shirt by Jeff Sheldon/Ugmonk
We Like Parks
- Party for the Parks evite/print ad by Braxton Crim for the Charleston (SC) Parks Conservancy
- South African National Parks mobile site update by Damien du Toit
- Park, detail from illustration for Picnic insect repellents by Kate Frolova
- Detail from (Jacksonville, FL) Memorial Park Association logo by Caitlin Robinson
On The Wall
- This past weekend Louisville-based Forest Giant, builder of “mobile and digital solutions,” hosted Wild Echoes, a two-day “group art show inspired by the forest.” A number of Dribbblers contributed to the show.
- The Beautiful Game, makers of football-themed wall art; logo by Emir Ayouni
- Strong Nutrients supplements packaging by Andrew Lyons
- The Victorian, a new Kuwaiti chocolaterie/patisserie; by Yael Miller and Jeffrey Devey
- Andrew Smith at Team Detroit is working on concepts for the US release of the Ford Transit van.
Working It Out
- Dan Cederholm’s been named designer of the Carlton Innovation School Drama Club.
- Two x Two: Happy second birthday to Orange County, Calif., design firm Hoodzpah, founded by twin sisters Amy and Jennifer Hood.
Without You, We’d Never Know…
- …about Charlie Harry, inventor of the world’s first nitro ice cream buggy and maker of custom liquid nitrogen ice cream; logo by Tom Lane
- …there’s a day devoted to middle children; Middle Child Complex by Mary Kate McDevitt
Are You Ready For Some (Fantasy) Football?
On The Calendar
- Aug 20 is National Radio Day. Radio by Tatyana
- Kenny Grant and his buds are going camping. “Props to Jorge Pedret for the awesome shot from the sea to sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler.”
- Jeremy Greenawalt’s wearing his poker face.
- Joining Benedict Cumberbatch (7.19) and Peyton Manning (3.24), Ruben Araiza turned 37. Next up: Ronaldo (9.22). (Sherlock by Jack Woodhams; Colorado Pioneers by Scotty Reifsnyder; Viva Ronaldo app by Viva Superstars; UI by João Oliveira Simões)
- Creative Market hired a pair of web engineers and an operations manager; CCO Gerren Lamson drew them a welcome.
- GitHub launched community.github.com “to help us sponsor all the things”; posted by Julie Ann Horvath
- Pin faster, now, on Pinterest for iOS
- Stripe has launched in the UK! Posted by Ludwig Pettersson
- Inkling’s employees have been (head)shot. Posted by Melissa Kuo
- Matthew Spiel has rebranded The Treehouse Show, Treehouse’s weekly video podcast.
- Wistia’s new documentation is up; posted by Jeff Vincent. Also, an advert; posted by Liat Werber
Hosting a meetup? We’d love to wrap-up. Send a photo and a few details to email@example.com and we’ll include it in our next Replay. And be sure to order your Meetup Kit a few weeks before the meeting! Go to our contact page and choose “Request a Meetup Kit” from the drop-down menu.
Louisville, KY, USA Thu Aug 15
Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse
Approximately 25 Louisville Dribbblers and prospects met to talk design and vote on a T-shirt contest winner, chosen from a group of Dribbble shots created for the event; (to be printed by the Louisville Graphic Design Association). Organizer Ben Johnson wrote, “It was great to be apart of a community where most everyone has a unique skill and talent in common.” Thanks to Todd Balsey for the photo.
New York City, NY, USA Thu Aug 15
Big Apple Dribbblers hung out at Rum House, near Times Square. In the photo, from left to right, are organizer João Oliveira Simões and Dribbblers Prescott Perez-Fox, Natasha Fedorova and Aaron C-T. Nice ball handling, Prescott!
Graz, Austria Fri Aug 16
These guys have an entire website devoted to their meetup, which is not only for Dribbblers, but “everyone who is awesome.” We like that. Thomas Lichtlau wrote, “As always it was a nice evening with much beer and interesting discussions and we are looking forward to the 10th meetup, next time in Vienna.”
Glasgow, Scotland Fri Aug 23 7pm location TBD
Montréal, QC, Canada Tue Aug 27 6pm Laika 4040 St. Laurent Blvd