September 30, 2013
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas for upcoming Replays.
- 826CHI, one of several 826 nonprofit writing and tutoring centers around the country, is hosting its first-ever Tale-Gate street festival and fundraiser, featuring the as-expected food trucks, live music, plus nerdy grammar games and writing workshops; event illustration and typography by Alison Kuczwara.
- J&L (advertising agency, Slovakia) asked MUTI (creative studio, Cape Town, South Africa) to contribute a fairy-tale inspired illustration to an upcoming book, with all proceeds going towards promoting literacy in Romania.
- Vistaprint’s website-building service, with “This is Phil” explainer by Seth Eckert
- Krispy Kreme website redesign by Jessica Pine (Maybe we’re posting this not only because we like Jessica’s work, but also because we’d like free donuts. Maybe.)
- 3point5.com site for retail sales professionals from eXperticity; posted by UX designer Ben Peck
- Notebetter note-taking app by Daniel Vernon, tested by Mark Hawkins
- Andrew McClintock “carved this potato stamp as part of a project to design a set of desktop wallpapers for DrupalCon Prague,” which took place last week. Dribbbler speakers included Player Aral Balkan and Scout Mikko Välimäki.
- Greenville County (South Carolina) Library System by Michelle Hannon (Welcome!)
Where’s Dribbble? Dominican Republic
- Nefi Florián, Santo Domingo: Kaleidoscope
- Maia Then, Santo Domingo: The Right Kind print for Help Ink. Each print purchased provides 42 meals, 3 trees, 15 years of clean water, 6 books, or $48 worth of medical supplies.
The Awesome Unchosen
- Common Goods Film Co. (unchosen) by Mary Frances Foster
- The latest issue of Paste Magazine, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cover by Timothy Banks
Without You We’d Never Know …
- …about the growing demand in Germany for American whiskey: Tim Johnson American Whiskey label by Joseph Alessio, who gave us the spirited 411.
On the Wall
- Refresh of Glennz Tees/Glenn Jones’ Notifications T-shirt
You Can’t Stop Tweeting About …
- Mark Jardine’s TB3
On the Calendar
- Sept. 24 Punctuation Day: Happy National Punctuation Day by Felix Fernando Oliha
- Sept. 27 BubbleConf 2013 Amsterdam, Netherlands: Dan Cederholm and Rich Thornett fielded questions during “Ask Dribbble Anything”; shot by Juan M. Teixidó, BubbleConf identity mastermind and conference media sponsor. Other Dribbbling speakers/participants included Ninh Bui, André Foeken, Jurriaan Mous, Kyle Neath, Thijs van der Vossen, and Jorn van Dijk. Plus a Github after-party!
We Like Travel
- esKape, “that app that helps you to improve your mood,” winner of the Innovation Award at the Emirates Travel Hackathon 2013; posted by David Luhman
- Back From A Trip by Gwen Penn
- Trip by Fernando Quiros
- Box held its annual BoxWorks conference in San Francisco a few weeks back, and is now sharing detailed looks at its new products.
- Dribbble developer Tristan Dunn tackled design in the name of the upcoming Dribbble development blog.
- Tim Van Damme shared Dropbox’ Mailbox for iOS7.
- Evernote Design’s Zurich office spent nine months working on Presentation Mode. Posted by Daniel Nicolae, who says, “You can now take your Evernote notes and easily present them.”
- The Iconfactory shared one of its first iOS 6 to iOS 7 icon translations, for xScope Mirror.
- Instagram for iOS 7 launched last week; posted by Maykel Loomans.
- Spotify launched Landmark, designed by Daniel Choe. Landmark serves two purposes: to showcase Spotify’s Play Button, designed by Sean Jamshidi; and to tell “the story behind some of the greatest moments in music, told by the people who made them.” Landmark’s first piece: The Real Story of Nirvana’s “In Utero.”
- Liat Werber created the Get Loose poster for Wistia (business video hosting), “to hang in your studio and remind you how to act natural on camera.”
- Sampling of illustrations by CJ Hughes for ESPN/Super Bowl XLVII
- Tiger vs. Boy Knight by Melanie Matthews, who’s “on a bit of a tiger thing at the moment”
- Sheldon detail by Steve Simpson
Hosting a meetup? Send a photo and a few details to email@example.com and we’ll include it in our next Replay. Go to our Meetups page and order a meetup kit in advance by clicking on “Here’s how to make it happen.”
Dublin Ireland Tue Sept. 24 The Stag’s Head
Thirteen Dribbbling Dubbbliners gathered for the first-ever Dublin Dribbble meetup. Organizer Stephanie Francis reports, “The group had a mixture of web, graphic and product UI designers and even a developer or two who fancied getting involved!” The group hopes to make the meetup a monthly event.
Buenos Aires Argentina Thu Sept. 26 Restorando Headquarters
Jonatan Flores rallied 16 Dribbblers for a Thursday night gathering at online reservation site Restorando’s Argentinian HQ.
Amsterdam Netherlands Weds Oct. 2 8pm Location TBD
Manchester UK Sat Oct. 5 7pm Location TBD