October 14, 2013
E-mail email@example.com with ideas for upcoming Replays.
Better Than Kittens
- LIONS (rrrrroar!): Lion Crest by Fraser Davidson
- PANTHERS (grrrr!): Partners Wroclaw by Lunatic Agency
- TIGERS (snarllll!): Tiger&Woods Poster by Marla Moore
- Harlequinade 2013, a benefit for Talespinner Children’s Theatre, Cleveland, Ohio; event identity by Casey Ocasio
- Asset Creation Process by Jeff Broderick
- Robotic Engineer - Process Gif by Shaw Nielsen
- Flyvinci logo by Gert van Duinen
- Cameo, which “allows you to easily create beautiful short films on your own or with friends.” App creation team includes Kevin John Gomez, Mitchell Hart, Andy Thompson and Pat White.
Where’s Dribbble? Finland
- Pekka Keskinen, Helsinki: Double Spirit digital painting
- John Salinero, Helsinki: Film Camera 2
- Vladimir Stankovic, Rovaniemi: Collection, from the Browsing Copy series in which designers, illustrators and artists use rejected books “as a canvas for their creativity”
- Template for iOS 7 App Icons by Denis Shoomov/M18
Isn’t It Romantic?
- When we asked Tomasz Kartasinski for a little more info. on Together, we expected a reply in the traditional mode: “I made it for XYZ to do ThisThat&TheOther.” Instead, we beheld a charming marriage of design and affection. Tomasz: “I was waiting to see my girlfriend and wondering when we can meet. At the same time, I was surfing through some inspiration sites and I saw a poster with the word ‘together.’ Everything fits together perfectly. I’ve wanted to write it like one word but with three separate words in it. So I used Bariol font, which has great thin and bold weights. That’s the story.”
Several brave Dribbbling pensters took on this October challenge, and are tackling a new ink drawing every day this month.
- Inktober Day 7 (Ernest P. Worrell) by Michael Anderson
- ROCKTOBER! (Inktober day 1) by Jason Martin
- Inktober Piglet by Erica Sirotich
- I want to ride my bicycle by Aaron Tenbuuren
Without You We’d Never Know About …
- …the Monaco Grand Prix that never was; Greg Cuellar’s 1940 Monaco screenprint advertises a race that never happened, due to the outbreak of WWII.
We Like Books
- Have a nice day illustration by Gaia Bordicchia from an upcoming picture book
- Book Spines by John Choura Jr., on its way to print for the upcoming “Good Advice” issue of the Biola University magazine
- Section of John Stevens’ hand-lettered cover of The Treasury of Religious and Spiritual Quotations
- PPGs in Trouble!!! Cover for Powerpuff Girls #1 comic book for IDW Publishing by Rich Woodall
- It’s alive! Cuberto’s PhotoDrive app, which allows you to take photos directly into albums, is live at the App Store.
- Carlos Rocafort shared the snazzy icon for Evernote Design’s Penultimate handwriting app.
- New site for Geckotree web shop, AKA the Simpson brothers, Rob and Kev
- Welcome to Palantir, our first Team from outer space!
- Part Time Job 006 - Sport Shop by Chow Hon Lam
- Round Animals by Elena Lazutina
- Book art by Isobelle Ouzman, who glues the pages together in sections, then carves through each layer individually as she works her way through to the back.
- Abdul Wahid Ovaice has been busy at work on Nest.com: new homepage, Nest Protect product website, online store and support site. Nest takes “the unloved products in your home and make simple, beautiful, thoughtful things,” e.g. smarter, user-friendly thermostats and smoke detectors.
- Vintage Vehicles by Steve Wolf for “a client in Europe. They wanted some graphic looking vehicles from the late 1800’s up to the 1920s era. Motor, bikes, ships and planes were the categories.”
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Tue Oct. 15 7:30pm Thoughtbot, 41 Winter St, 8th Floor
Stockholm, Sweden Wed Oct. 16 6pm The Park, Sveavägen 98, 2 tr
Göteborg, Sweden Thu Oct. 17 6pm Elabs Östra Hamngatan 1 411 10 Göteborg; Topic: iOS 7
Chandigarh, India Sat Oct. 19 6pm Location TBD
Aghadir, Morocco Sat Oct. 19 8pm Location TBD