- Invisible Children is a nonprofit dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of former child soldiers and the capture of African warlord Joseph Kony. Invisible Children’s HR department is hosting “Tanked-Giving,” a Thanksgiving-themed, beer-centric event, to raise money for the nonprofit’s current 10-week fundraising campaign. Event logo by Steve Witmer.
- Process shot of wireframes by Christina Durbin for LearnLEO, a note-taking, case-briefing app for law students. Says Christina, “Those wireframes were part of a larger exploration looking for an intuitive way to organize the student dashboard. My initial idea was to take the structure that a design or art portfolio uses and see how the interaction might fit.”
- Target Gift Card by Matt Kaufenberg — see attachments for process.
- GateGuru Sketching by Ramotion; GateGuru is a TripAdvisor company.
- Native American History Month: Crazy Horse by Christina Canner for an events poster for the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Practice Makes Perfect
- Jimmy Simpson works as a motion designer. To hone his design and illustration skills without committing to animating, he tackles a personal editorial project every other week. Up this week: Industry of Mediocrity.
- Fonts, a new app from Bohemian Coding; posted by Bohemian Lead UI Designer Christopher Downer, who describes it as “clean and elegant font management”
- Nate Koehler’s new site
Not Founds We Found
- 404 Dribbble by Isaac Durazo
- 404 Page - Graph Simulation by Braden Kowitz/Google Ventures
- Liberio 404 Page by Cat Noone
We Like Turkey.
- November by Jerron Ames
- We’re Open on Thanksgiving by Loren Klein
- Thanksgiving Tips by Ed Nacional for Jennie-O Turkey
Where’s Dribbble? Laos!
- Sarah Ball, Vientiane: Luang Prabang
- Mads Frantzen and Hyper are working on an animation; Closed shows a background from the project. Mads is also handling character design.
- Squarespace released Blog and Metrics, two iOS apps for Squarespace, and also released updates to Portfolio and Notes. Stephen Parker posted the shot, adding shout-outs to project participants Michael Heilemann, Saga Lundqvist, Ryan Quintal, and Billy Sweeney.
- As part of its new Virb for Designers, Virb now allows Dribbble users to pull favorite shots into Virb. Posted by Justin Burns.
- Let’s play some music by Martín Azambuja, elements to be used in a band poster
- Cradle Desert, part of a painting by Josh Eiten for Mojo Game Studios’ upcoming open-world fantasy adventure game Cradle (2015)
- Jim by Joey Ellis, drawn after listening to the new Jim Henson biography
- EVE, Natalie Smith’s illustration for the PixArt secton of the Pixar Times
- Dutchmann connects artists with craftspeople for projects ranging from Delftware-inspired surfboards to modern interpretations of classic race posters. Studio MUTI participated in the latter, and shared a shot from its poster.
- Dilemma: Coffee or Tea? by Marco Goran Romano
- Floral Silhouette by David M. Smith for a fall wedding invitation
- Hex Heads Pattern by Von Glitschka for a course on repeat pattern design for online tutorial site Lynda.com
- Ye Olde Card by Joe White
- Death and Desire illustration by Brad Woodard for the November/December issue of Worldwide Challenge Magazine. (Brad says “thanks” to Seth Nickerson and Journey Group for getting him the gig.)
San Francisco California USA Oct. 23 Dear Mom
Dribbblers gathered at The Mission District’s Dear Mom to talk design and enjoy drinks. Thanks to Paula Borowska for organizing.
Montréal, Canada Montréal Meetup Tue Nov. 26 6pm, Laika, 4040 St Laurent Blvd. RSVP
Göteborg, Sweden iOS7 & New Apple Stuff Fri Nov. 29 6pm, Elabs, Östra Hamngatan 1, 411 10 Göteborg. RSVP
Toronto, Canada Dribbble x Shopify Tue Dec. 3 7pm Strada 241, 241 Spadina Ave. RSVP
San Francisco, California, USA Designer & Developer Dribbble Hangout Thu Dec. 5 7:30pm Radius HQ 140 Second St. RSVP
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to email@example.com.