Those of us who celebrate Christmas are making our lists and checking them twice. When we’re stumped, we do as we do always: Seek inspiration on Dribbble. You guys are making some great stuff: prints, pints, blocks, books, posters, coasters and more. When you’re ready to take a breather and buy, there’s something on Dribbble for everyone on your list, from your caffeine-addict roommate to your book-editor aunt.
You’ve been supporting each other with your clicking fingers since 2009. Now it’s time to back up your “likes” with your dollars. We’ve offered up a few of 2013’s for-sale shots below.
Browse. Buy. Repeat.
Give & Give Again: Proceeds to Charity
- Help Ink is donating 100 percent of the sales from four art prints to Typhoon Haiyan relief (Philippines). Prints include:
- John Choura’s Rebuild
- Aaron Eiland’s Back Together
- Tommy Perez’s Rain & Shine
- Nate Utesch’s Restore
- A number of you contribute designs to Sevenly, which donates $7 of every purchase to a charity; charities change every week. Last week’s options included Zachary Smith’s Send Joy T-shirts.
- Buy Matthew Tait/Tait Design Co.’s Turbo Flyer-Extra Mile Edition and Matthew will donate 10 percent to The Extra Mile, a nonprofit collecting travellers’ unused frequent flyer miles and donating them to families of people with terminal cancer. Click on “Turbo Flyer” to buy.
- Sass for Web Designers by Dan Cederholm, available at A Book Apart
- Ben Chaney wrote and designed the cover of Son of Sedonia, a sci-fi about a boy named Matteo who lives in 2080AD, in the largest slum on the planet. Click title to buy.
- Becoming a Successful Illustrator, illustrated by successful illustrator Steve Simpson, written by Jo Davies and Derek Brazell; click title to buy
- Kern and Burn (Tim Hoover and Jessica Karle Heltzel) published Kern and Burn: Conversations with Design Entrepreneurs earlier this year. Per their website, it’s a “beautiful two-color book that features candid conversations with 30 leading designers who have founded startups, channeled personal passions into self-made careers and taken risks to do what they love.” To purchase, click title. The book features several Dribbblers, including (shots are from the book):
- Riley Cran
- Eric R. Mortensen
- Matt Stevens
- City Skyline Snow Globe cards by Jennifer Bishop/Architette Studios’ available at Architette’s Etsy shop
- Tipsy Santa from Luke Drozd’s Naughty & Nice Christmas card series, available at Luke’s Big Cartel store
- Infinite Diecut Christmas Card Set by Karen To, available at Karen’s EpicLayers Etsy shop
Red Circle Letterpress launched its store with holiday cards by a slew of Dribblers, including (click on “Red Circle Letterpress” to buy):
- A Joyful Holiday by Ryan Feerer
- Boxey Santa by Scott Hill
- Ho Ho Ho by Jeff Rogers
- Merry Christmas Y’All by Chris Rushing
Pints & Coasters
- Cork coasters by Eliza Cerdeiros, available at her Etsy shop
- Ex-Boyfriend’s Tears pint glass (mug and flask coming soon) by Lauren Hom, available at ExBoyfriendTears.com
- Marauders Pirate Ship coasters by Rob Loukotka, available at Fringe Focus
- Creativity Fluid invites designers to create pint glasses. Click on “Creative Fluid” to buy. Dribbbling designs from 2013 include:
- Cheers from the Deep by Ryan Brinkerhoff (Bandito Design Co.)
- Liquid Courage by Tron Burgundy
- Original Classic by Us and Them (Sei Rey Ho and Anna Wingard)
- Set from Andrew Lohman available at Casetagram
- Broken Plate by Vadimages, available at Vadimages’ Society 6 store
- I Can See Just Fine by Eric Barclay, published by Abrams, available at booksellers
- The Templeton Twins series (for ages 9-12) by Ellis Wiener, illustrated by Jeremy Holmes, published by Chronicle Books, available at booksellers
- Count & Stack Number Blocks by Eight Hour Day (Nathan Strandberg and Katie Kirk) for Uncle Goose
- Puffin Chalks, children’s classics from Puffin Books, covers by Tanamachi Studio, available at booksellers
- Many a Dribbbler has designed hep maps for travel-centric Herb Lester Associates, including (click on location to buy):
- Matt Chase, Stockholm
- Javier Garcia, Miami
- Brad Woodard, Lisbon
- fuck yeah! by Linda Danh, available at her Etsy store
- Make Things Not Excuses by Sean McCabe, available at his store
- Type by Andrei Robu, available at his Society 6 shop
- Smashing pillow by Burnt Toast Creative (Scott Martin), available at Burnt Toast’s Society 6 store
- Space Hangout throw pillows by Mike Rogers, available at his Society 6 store
- My Suite Stuff pillows, posted by John Schlemmer and available at Stuffography
Prints & Posters
- The Road Warrior by Marie Bergeron, available at Hero Complex Gallery
- Fugue No. 1 in The by Spencer Charles, available at his Big Cartel store
- Dive Bar and El Pulpo prints by DKNG (Dan Kuhlken and Nathan Goldman), available at DKNG’s store
- Letter G screen print, part of Mitch Kelly’s alphabet series, available at Mitch Makes Stuff
- For Honor! by Rogie King, available at Fine Goods Market
- Liberty Torch by Two Arms Inc. (Mike Tabie and Karen Goheen), available at Two Arms’ Etsy shop
- Train 4, part of Alex Westgate’s Train series, available at his store
- Never Stop Climbing poster by Shane Harris, available at his Etsy shop
- The HalfLiner [baseball] Scorebook by Bethany Heck, available at Eephus League
- Diamond Dictionary of Pitching print by Jeremy Reiss, available at his Big Cartel store
- The Shit-To-Do List by 55 Hi’s and Dave Foster, available at 55 Hi’s
- A6 Animal Notebooks (including Yes Deer) by Owen Davey, available at his Big Cartel store
- Sketchbook trio from Shed Labs, available at their store
Stickers & Magnets
- Texas Forever by Bobby Dixon, available at his Etsy shop
- Magnets for Creatives by Christopher Lee, available at The Beast is Back
T-Shirts & Sweatshirts
- Ceci est une pipe by Christopher DeCaro, available at Kneadle
- Frogtar by Nate Duval, available at his store
- Not All Who Wander are Lost and Print Makers sweatshirts by The Prince Ink Co., available at their store
- Commercial Artist by Dan Cassaro’s, available at his Society 6 store
- Anchor Heart by McMillian + Furlow, available at their shop
- Wireframe by Jeff Sheldon, available at his shop
We’ll Tell You What We Want, What We Really, Really Want
- Dan: Medallions playing cards by JC Desevre, available at Theory 11
- Patrick: Love What You Do by Neil Tasker, available at his Big Cartel store
- Rich: Breaking Bad set by Aaron Eiland, click shot to purchase.
- Tristan: Jog Your Memory T-shirt by Mike Berg; Go buy now at Cotton Bureau so Tristan - and you - can get one!
- Sam: Dotgrid.Co Mobile Dot Grid Books by Callum Chapman
- Susanna: Super Stamps poster by Vic Bell, available at Gump Inc.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to email@example.com.