January 27, 2014
- Miguel Angel Cardona Jr. transforms coffee cups into singular works of art, sells them at San Francisco’s Cafe Sophie, and donates the proceeds to Project Night Night. Each cup provides one homeless child with a Night Night Package: a canvas bag filled with a security blanket, a toy, and an age-appropriate book.
- Gedy Rivera is working on a giving campaign for Crisis Response International. Goal 1: Create a clear, compelling statement and call to action. Goal 2: Eradicate Comic Sans.
- Dribbble’s Tristan Dunn did NOT launch his Build a Browser Game digital book but he DID launch his Build a Browser Game digital book landing page. Sign up now and receive a pre-launch sample chapter plus a discount.
- Dash, “an app that pairs with your car to make driving smarter, safer, and social”; designed by Patrick N. Lewis
恭禧發財 • Gong Xi Fa Cai • Gong Hey Fat Choy • Wishing you prosperity in the new year!
Chinese New Year is this Friday, January 31. Happy 2014, the Year of the Horse!
- Year of the Horse theme for LeWa OS5 by fanfan8 (LeWa is an Android ROM)
- Chinese New Year 2014 Year Of The Horse by Lemongraphic
- Award Fly for Weibo by J.Ones; Chinese parents traditionally given their children red envelopes of money at the New Year
- Fish Heads and Folktales: Reflections on Culture, Family, and Life from a Korean Adoptee by Peter M. Moran, cover by Nancy Pappas
- Pé na Rua (Foot on the Street), an illustrated pop-up children’s guide to the cultural institutions of São Paulo by Tayrine Cruz (should be published if it hasn’t been!)
We Like Sushi.
- Sooshi sushi app from Konstantin Datz and Moritz von Volkmann, with coding by Leonard Hecker and brush art by Julian Hrankov
- Delicious Sushi Pattern by Claudio Guglieri, from an in-the-works pattern project from Claudio and Tim Holman
- Gohan Concept sushi restaurant mark in progress by Breanna Rose
1 App 5 Days
- Blake Seufert and Michael Bates challenged themselves to create an app in five days. The result? ONME, an app allowing users to share their style and discover new looks. The guys want feedback, so get busy with your comments!
- Cart of Darkness by Lucas Redfern Brooking
- City Map 2 Dijon Burgundy France by Philippe Mignotte
- Homes Antiques The Perche by Zara Picken for an article in Homes & Antiques magazine on vintiquing (shopping for vintage items) in La Perche, a rural region in lower Normandy, about two hours from Paris
- Online Shopping by Anil Yanik
Dribbbling Grammys (A Sampling)
- God is Dead? by Black Sabbath, Best Metal Performance; Black Sabbath (detail) by Jo Fallon
- Please Come Home by Gary Clarke Jr., Best Traditional R&B Performance; Gary Clark Jr. by Brandon Rike
- Get Lucky, Record (single) of the Year off of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories, Album of the Year, Pop Duo/Group Performance of the Year, Best Dance/Electronia Album; Get Lucky by Ricky Linn
- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, Best Rock Performance; Imagine Dragons by Joel Felix
- Royals, Song of the Year and Pop Performance of the Year, sung by Lorde; Lorde Artwork Concept by Menachem Krinsky
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Best New Artist; Macklemore Art Print by Mitch Shepherd
- Cowmen, an in-production film about Texas ranching families; logo by Inka Mathew, who runs Green Ink Studio and is “a bit of a girl scout”
Where’s Dribbble? Taiwan!
- Chantil: Crafting System 2 for Dragon’s Prophet fantasy MMO
- Remi Chu, Taipei: Here Comes The Sun
- Bi Yue Lu, Taipei: A-111004-2
- A Bit Good (Chris Davis and Henry Brown) is designing and developing Feeda, “a content driven social media platform where users can connect using web content, subject based user communities, and interactive discussions.”
- Already tipped off the resolutions wagon? The Noun Project has an icon set just for you: Resolutions, posted by Matt Brooks.
- Speaking of the Noun Project, Squarespace released the Squarespace Logo creation tool with help from the Noun crew. Posted by Stephen Parker.
- Threadless founder Jake Nickell is saving the company some hand model fees, shaggily displaying the T-shirt shop’s in-the-works app.
Since Last Week
Jonathan Quintin talked cool clients (race cars!), personal style (clean, progressive) and workplace must-haves (iMac, moleskin, cup of tea) in last week’s Timeout. Also, we got snazzerooni business cards letterpressed by Mike Dacey/Repeat Press.
Dublin Ireland Thursday Jan. 23
Thanks to organizers Stephanie Francis and Donovan Hutchinson for organizing January’s Dublin Dribbble meetup at Against the Grain. Photo L-R: Alan Guerin, Aoife Crowley, Aislinn Kelly, and Steven Dunne. Photo credit: Ben McCarthy.
San Francisco California USA dddrinks designers & dribbble Tuesday, February 4, 7 p.m. at Southern Pacific Brewing (21+), 620 Treat Avenue. RSVP
Washington, DC, USA Utilizing Grids and Color Palettes for Impeccable Iconography featuring Fundrise’s Chris Brauckmuller. Thursday, February 6, 7 p.m., 1400 Key Boulevard, Level A, Arlington, VA. Sponsored by Fluencia. RSVP
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.