May 19, 2014
Unprecedented rains in Serbia and Bosnia have caused massive flooding. Thousands have had to evacuate their homes, entire towns have been ruined. Several Dribbblers have posted shots with information on how to help.
- Serbia needs your help now by Vladimir Babić points people to the Red Cross of Serbia.
- Serbia floods by Aleksander Gosevski sends people to Help Flooded Serbia.
- Peter Deltondo and Mike Jones launched Design vs. Cancer last week. The site donates 80 percent of profits to individuals and families fighting cancer, 5 percent to cancer research, and 15 percent as royalties to contributing designers. In addition to Peter and Mike, the current roster includes Joseph Alessio, Enon Avital, Mike Bruner, Scott Fuller, Adam Grason, Jen Hood, Mary Kate McDevitt, Sergey Shapiro, Sel Thomson, Kasper van Eerden, and Chris Wright.
- Veronique Zayas is working on branding for the Bridge Academy, which targets “elementary school aged students with minor developmental issues, with the aim of eventually working them back into the regular public schools.”
- Balraj Chana has been “experimenting with various styles for a large dashboard project (more details coming soon). The dashboard consists of a real-time analytics platform of a user’s photo stream.”
- 被单骑士 (“Sheet Knight” per Google Translate) by 宝猫叫可爱多/baomaocat
- Who Cares by Andrew Rodriguez
Kickstart Me Up
- Sebastiaan de With is “going to be riding up to Alaska with my buddy Stuart and photographing the whole trip.” He’s looking for funding for a photo book and more.
- The crew from Indicius is hosting Worlddd Cup 2014, “a ‘Design World Cup’ that will combine Dribbble’s Players/Shots (selected by country) with Brazil’s 2014 Football World Cup fixtures.” Keep your eyes on Indicius for more details.
- Twitch app for Amazon’s Fire TV; posted by Jarques
- brooklynbridge.io, Cameron Moll’s letterpress type reimagining of the Brooklyn Bridge; fonts by Hoefler & Co., HTML/CSS by Adam Spooner
- Ryan Hamrick is moving to Austin. Pittsburgh, go say goodbye TONIGHT! (See Meetups below.)
- Jonathan Hoefler is working on a thing.
Where’s Dribbble? Mumbai, India!
- Jekin Gala, identity design, UI design, branding: Favo Dashboard
- Supratim Nayak, GUI and icon designer: Avatars for messaging app
- Shopsense, building “the coolest and wackiest engagements that make shopping fun and enjoyable”: Beat UI Icons; posted by Sreeraman Mohan Girija
We Like to Eat!
- SnackMood new logo by FireArt Studio
- Food Blog landing with blog post by Brett Smith
- Foodies Rejoice by Mark Unger for Push.
Badass Lady Creatives
- Last week at Badass Lady Creatives, Melanie Richards shouted out her classmates from the University of Florida’s Graphic Design program, including designer and illustrator Wendy Chan (Pudding, left) and Susanna Tremaine, designer at Delucchi+.
- Foursquare launched the Swarm app, “making it as easy as possible to share your location and meet up with friends.” Posted by Zack Davenport, with a shout-out to Red Antler for art direction.
- Podium launched Framer 3, plus a brand new website. Posted by Benjamin Nathan.
Coaches’ Picks and Project O’ the Week
Since Last Week
Sacramento, California, Monday, May 12
We are always wowed by your great ideas. For last week’s Meetup, Joshua McCowen created a site that randomly moves from one Sacramento Dribbbler to the next. The site was projected onto a screen at the Meetup; you can see it at www.loftyword.com/dribbble/. Above, Audie Whitt's Figure. Josh said a fun time was had by all.
Thanks to our global Meetup co-sponsor Shopify.
- Pittsburgh, PA
Say goodbye to Ryan Hamrick, TONIGHT! Monday, May 19, 6 p.m., Latitude 40’s Rooftop Patio, 200 Quinn Drive. RSVP.
- De Pere, Wisconsin
Tuesday, May 20, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Moscow, Russia
Saturday, May 24, 11 a.m., Mail.ru, Leningradsky prospekt 39, corp. 79. Facebook page.
Tuesday, May 27, 7:30 p.m., 2359 Media, 43B Tg Pagar Rd. RSVP.
- Austin, TX
Thursday, May 29, 5:30 p.m., Craft Pride, 61 Rainey Street. Sponsored by Idean, Dribbble, and Shopify. Save the date; RSVP to follow.
- Dublin, Ireland
Thursday, May 29, 6 p.m., Against the Grain, Wexford Street. RSVP.
- Bangalore, India
Friday, May 30, 6:30 p.m., Matthan Hotel, HAL Airport Road. RSVP.
- Portland, Oregon
PDX Lettering Collective, Wednesday, June 4, 6:30 p.m., Burnside Brewing Company, 701 East Burnside Avenue. RSVP.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wednesday, June 4, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Sacramento (Roseville), California
Pizza, beer and ping-pong, Saturday, June 7, 1 p.m., CreativeDash Studio, 920 Reserve Drive, Roseville. RSVP.
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
Creative Boost Dribbble e Woodoo/LABS Brasil Saturday, June 7, 3 p.m., Woodoo Labs, 553 Rua Liberdade. RVSP.
- Arlington, Virginia
What You Should Know About Joining a Startup with Laura McGuigan, VP and lead design maven at TrackMaven. Thursday, June 12, 6:30 p.m., Fluencia, 1400 Key Boulevard, Arlington. RSVP.
- Huancayo, Peru
Saturday, June 14, 6 p.m., Galería Café Imaginarte. RSVP.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.