May 27, 2014
Since Last Week
Allison House (favorite shot: Volumetric Drive-by, above center) put a new spin on the Timeout formula: She drew her answers. Check it out on our blog, and then jump over to the Equipment Shop and order one of our two new T-shirts (AKA old T-shirts in new springy colors). Use the code SPRING at checkout for 10 percent off through Friday.
When Serbian designer Pedja Rusic (shot, top left) asked for help spreading the word on how to help flood relief efforts in Serbia and Croatia, 33 of you rebounded including Serbian designers Srdjan Kirtic (top right) and Aleksandar Djuric (top middle).
Older than Dan, Not as Old as Rich
- Happy 40 Rubik’s Cube! Infographic by web designer and illustrator Csaba Gyulai for index.hu
Act of Pod
- Ashley Baxter and Paddy Donnelly have launched Working Out, “a podcast about the journey to figure out how to create a business doing what you love.”
- Browse, Checkout from a project by Shaun Moynihan, who said “primary goals were to add clarity to the overall shopping and checkout process.”
- Poster for Beck’s Austin City Limits taping by Erick Montes
- Rosa Restaurant WordPress theme by web designer and PixelGrade co-founder George Olaru
- Drew Wilson and Erik Bye have launched KidCam, a camera app made for kids.
- Cashin’ Checks by letterer Andy Lethbridge
On the Calendar
- May 15-25, Festival de Cannes 2014: Cannes Facts info graphic by Claire Eckstrom
- Drop Cap T by Jude Landry, graphic designer, letterer, illustrator, and professor at Mississippi State University
- The Great Discontent book-azine from Frank Chimero
- Kohana Coffee concepts from Helms Workshop designer Lauren Dickens. “Their name and philosophy is inspired by Hawaiian culture and practices.”
- Sunshine Cleaners by web and graphic designer Drew Reilley, currently creating at dezinsINTERACTIVE
- Lovely luxury hair extensions by Sarah Parmenter
- Guided By Voices’ Bee Thousand album turns 20; illustration by Tyler Gross for Eleven Magazine.
Where’s Dribbble? Nantes, France!
- Guillaume Kurkdjian: Quiproquo, part of Guillaume’s weekly project, Bisous les Copains
- Solene Sosoa: New online portfolio, including new logo
- Stéréosuper digital agency: Proximis.com, posted by Co-Founder Boris Forconi
We Like Road Trips.
- Mini Hipster Road Trip by Wen Ping Huang
- Hubcaps by Curt Rice for Roadtrippers, an app “for planning kick-ass road trips!”
- Designer and art director Morten Sølvstrøm and a friend are driving down the West Coast of the U.S.
- Campaign Monitor launched its new iPhone app, “designed to give users real-time email campaign and subscriber reporting on the go”; posted by UI/UX Designer Adham Dannaway.
- UX Designer Mario Šestak is working on a responsive landing page for Degordian Academy, “a series of lectures on various digital marketing subjects, held by Degordian’s experts.”
- Digital Telepathy's new site is live; posted by Art Director Dan Trenkner.
- The Iconfactory is “putting the final touches on v4 of our developer utility, xScope”; posted by Co-Founder Gedeon Maheux.
Coaches’ Picks and Project O’ the Week
- Third edition of the San Francisco Craft Spirits Carnival by graphic designer and typography enthusiast Joel Felix
- Head in the Clouds by Zara Picken
- Memorial Day Printable by Michelle Schwartzbauer
London, England, Friday, May 16
Sixty Dribbblers got together at Badoo HQ in the heart of London for a night of drinks, tasty hamburgers and good company. Stories were told, pixels measured and a great many laughs were had. They tried their skills at table football, air hockey, pool and Ping-pong. They even had a go at the limbo, some less successfully than others. Thanks to everyone who helped organize, including Danielle Prothero, Della Taylor, and Jan Losert. Next London Meetup happening in June, hosted by The App Business. Watch for more details in an upcoming Replay.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Monday, May 19
PGH Dribbble founder Ryan Hamrick said goodbye to Pittsburgh and PGH Dribbble. He and his family are headed for Austin.
Thanks to our global Meetup co-sponsor Shopify.
TONIGHT! Tuesday, May 27, 7:30 p.m., 2359 Media, 43B Tg Pagar Rd. RSVP.
- Austin, TX
Thursday, May 29, 5:30 p.m., Craft Pride, 61 Rainey Street. Sponsored by Idean, Dribbble, and Shopify. Save the date; RSVP to follow.
- Dublin, Ireland
Thursday, May 29, 6 p.m., Against the Grain, Wexford Street. RSVP.
- Bangalore, India
Friday, May 30, 6:30 p.m., Matthan Hotel, HAL Airport Road. RSVP.
- Portland, Oregon
PDX Lettering Collective, Wednesday, June 4, 6:30 p.m., Burnside Brewing Company, 701 East Burnside Avenue. RSVP.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wednesday, June 4, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Sacramento (Roseville), California
Pizza, beer and ping-pong, Saturday, June 7, 1 p.m., CreativeDash Studio, 920 Reserve Drive, Roseville. RSVP.
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
Creative Boost Dribbble e Woodoo/LABS Brasil, Saturday, June 7, 3 p.m., Woodoo Labs, 553 Rua Liberdade. RVSP.
- Arlington, Virginia
What You Should Know About Joining a Startup with Laura McGuigan, VP and lead design maven at TrackMaven. Thursday, June 12, 6:30 p.m., Fluencia, 1400 Key Boulevard, Arlington. RSVP.
- Huancayo, Peru
Saturday, June 14, 6 p.m., Galería Café Imaginarte. RSVP.
- Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Wednesday, June 18, 7 p.m., Boltmade, 187 King St. South, Unit 204, Waterloo. RSVP.
- New York, New York
Generate NYC Dribbble Meetup (all welcome, not limited to conference attendees), Houndstooth Pub, 520 Eight Ave. at 37th Street. Hosted by Media Temple. Sponsored by Dribbble, Shopify and Media Temple. RSVP.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to email@example.com.