July 28, 2014
Since Last Week
The Dribbble Gallery hosted its first online show, featuring posters by Dribbblers that are part of the National Poster Retrospecticus. Go check it out. If you’re in Boston, Cleveland, or Providence/Pawtucket, you can see the show in person - see Meetups below for details.
Boston and Salem-area Dribbblers, we still have a few spots open for our birthday party, the first time that the entire Dribbble Team will be together for a Meetup! Plus pizza, beer, birthday cake and T-shirts for all. Come join us on July 30. A few weeks later, on August 18, we’re joining forces with Campaign Monitor, Litmus, and Shopify for The Email Design Conference Dribbble Meetup. Need not attend conference to attend Dribbble Meetup. Hope to see you there!
Shopify + Dribbble Playoff
- More than 50 of you have jumped in to the Shopify Playoff with the theme of “Design is … .” (Opening salvo by Paul Pritchard). Go play! Please note that, due to Canadian competition legislation, only residents of Canada (except Quebec), the US, the UK and Australia are eligible to win prizes. We’d still love to see ALL of your work!!!
- Killer In The Rain split fountain screen print by James Heimer, a practice run for a workshop he’s teaching
- Badge by Mike/Creative Mints
- All them badges by Lindsay Mindler for Remind
- Content Badges 2 by Curt Rice for Roadtrippers
- Seth Akkerman updated the typography at the Pseudo Suede Studios website
- Faithlife logo facelifted by Branson Anderson/DSGNHAVN
I Want Candy
- Desired Cooking by Femke for an upcoming personal project
- Appdudes landing page by Atique Hasan
- Landing Page WIP by Jared Kennedy
We Like Playing Games
- Lance The Chimp by Jake Fleming for Piasa Games
- Rubie iOS game from Corey Haggard
- Battlecast boardgame logo in progress by Dusan Klepic
- Bingo by Sirine, AKA Miss Chat*Z
- Up Down Left Right beautifully designed games from Matthew Sisson
- BizonBegi, a first sketch for a food truck grill bar by ETLettering Studio
- One of four T-shirt graphics Allan Peters designed for The HAMB Jalopy Journal
- The Flat & Filthy Crüe is working on a number of Wordpress themes, including MAZIKA; posted by Zeki.
- Humanist shared their logo exloration process. “Option 2 was selected for the firm. The hand lettered logo, while retro, has greater personality and a warmer feeling, with a stronger emotional connection for the viewer. The logo also connotes work that is hand crafted.” Posted by Michael Calleia.
- NQ-UEC shared a book browser; posted by GianniDesign.
Palo Alto, California, July 16
Dribbblers enjoyed everything from sliders to swag at Palantir's beautifully branded Dribbble Meetup. Thanks to Therese Lee, Antoine Llorca, Nick Slater and the rest of the Palantir crew for organizing. San Francisco and Silicon Valley, look out for another area Dribbble Meetup at Dropbox in a few weeks!
Montevideo, Uruguay, July 17
Thanks to organizer Seba Mantel for pulling together a Montevideo Meetup at Barbacana Kustom Pub & Speedshop.
Dublin, Ireland, July 24
Dublin Dribbble gathered again at Against the Grain for another good time. Thanks as always to organizer Donovan Hutchinson and to Gene Murphy for the photo.
Thanks to our global Meetup co-sponsor Shopify.
- Salem, Massachusetts
5th Birthday Party for Dribbble, Wednesday, July 30, Dribbble HQ, 16 Front Street, Suite 202. RSVP.
- Lansing, Michigan
Capital Area Inaugural Dribbble Meetup, Loudpixel, 435 East Great River Ave., Suite 210. RSVP.
- Austin, Texas
19th Austin Dribbble Meetup, Thursday, July 31, 5:30 p.m., The Ginger Man, 301 Lavaca Street. RSVP.
- Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Thursday, July 31, 8 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Boston, Massachusetts Dribbble at the National Poster Retrospecticus, Friday, August 1, 6 p.m., BU Art Gallery, 855 Commonwealth Avenue. Note: This is not a traditional Meetup; rather, we encourage Dribbblers to meetup at the NPR show. RSVP.
- De Pere, Wisconsin
Tuesday, August 5, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Yekaterinburg, Russia
Friday, August 8, 9 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Cleveland, Ohio
Dribbble at the National Poster Retrospecticus, Friday, August 9, 6 p.m., Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, 1100 East 9th St. Note: This is not a traditional Meetup; rather, we encourage Dribbblers to meetup at the NPR show. Please note: attendees must pay museum admission. RSVP.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Saturday, August 9, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Istanbul, Turkey
Sunday, August 10, 3 p.m., Limonata Etiler, Etiler Mahallesi, Nispetiye Caddesi, No 96, Beşiktaş, İstanbul. RSVP.
- Dallas, Texas
Chicken Foundry Eat-up, Wednesday, August 13, 7 p.m., Chicken Scratch/The Foundry, 2303 Pittman Street. RSVP.
- Cleveland, Ohio
Dribbble @ the NPR @ Weapons of Mass Creation Fest, Friday - Sunday, August 15-17, noon - 8 p.m., Cleveland Public Theatre, 6415 Detroit Avenue. RSVP.
- Boston, Massachusetts
The Email Design Conference Dribbble Meetup, Monday, August 18, 6 p.m., District Hall, 75 Northern Avenue, Fort Point. Sponsored by Litmus, Campaign Monitor, Shopify, and Dribbble. RSVP.
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
CREATIVE BOOST Dribbble e Woodoo/LABS, Saturday, August 23, 2 p.m. - 7 p.m., UTC-03, Casa Liberdade, Rue Liberdade, 553. RSVP.
- Brooklyn, New York
Dribbble @ the NPR, Saturday, August 23, 6 p.m., Cotton Candy Machine, 235 South First Street. RSVP.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.