April 14, 2014
Get in touch to share your own very recent shots. Let us know about other people’s shots that inspired you, taught you something, made you think. E-mail suggestions to email@example.com.
- The SXSW Cares Fund, being managed by the nonprofit Austin Community Foundation, will help those affected by the tragic accident at this year’s SXSW, as well as their families. The Fund will also serve as a reserve for future possible events. 100 percent of profits from Michelle Oros's T-shirt go to the fund. Oros is the art director at Mason Zimbler.
- Musical artists will gather in Toronto, Canada, on Friday, May 23 to raise funds for the Million Meal Movement. Proceeds benefit two child-focused nonprofits, ONEXONE and the Simple Plan Foundation, with the goal of providing one million meals to North American children. Posted by Warren Keefe of Community Agency, a Pulp&Fiber Company.
- Something’s brewing over at Typekit; A practice from Typekit Creative Director Elliot Jay Stocks.
In the Game
- Game icons by Anna Denisova
- SignEasy for iOS 7 from Glykka; design work by Vivek Kumar
- Sketch 3 (vector graphics app) from Bohemian Coding; posted by UI/UX designer Emanuel Sá
- Independent designer Matt Stevens finished several months of illustration work for Pinterest, then shared his process.
- Big Type and small icons from Kirk/RaiseNoChicken
Death & Taxes
- Life & Death by illustrator/animator/art director Bob Case, part of an in-the-works collaboration
- Tax Filing by UI designer Housseynou Fall
- Pattern ! $ % € by ILENOLIUKGO; the Italian studio designed the pattern for new folders to hold tax documents.
- It’s dead by Christina Lu
- Human skull and neck by 3D artist David Marchal
We Like BMO!
Badass Lady Creatives
- Cuore Spezzato wine bar logo in progress by Alexandra Bond, a designer for Pinterest.
- D and E from Tipofino, a new brand/project from type and graphic designer Laura Meseguer
- Qualities of a Minimalistic Running Shoe by independent UI/UX designer Doris Yee for The Less-is-More Breakdown of Running on Yeedor, where Doris explores the formulas behind design
Where’s Dribbble? Gold Coast, Australia!
- 9elements worked with uformit “to create a new way to discover and customize 3D products. You are looking at the landingpage, where we used an interactive storytelling concept to explain what uformit does and how it works.” Posted by Product Designer Kevin Kalde.
- Dropbox released its image gallery, Carousel. Josh Puckett and Yi Wei collaborated on the design with some input from others, including Tim Van Damme. Alice Lee and Ryan Putnam created more than 70 Carousel illustrations.
- The Mynewsdesk design team just finished a lovely whitepaper for the marketing department; posted by Joel Helin.
- Mike Cummings at Young & Hungry is “having fun working on a very practical and unique iPad application for a local painting company” and “loving Budicon by Budi Tanrim.”
Since Last Week
We finished up our two-week Carded series about magic + playing cards + design by talking with three designers: Simon Frouws (Artisans, above left), Curtis Jinkins (Monarchs, above center) and Lee McKenzie (Infinity, above right).
Dublin, Ireland, Tuesday, April 8, Against the Grain
Dribbblin’ Dublin gathered to celebrate the return of Tady man of steel. Organizer Donovan Hutchinson sent us a picture of “an amazing set of badges which we were all impressed by,” created by Eleanor McKenna.
- The DePere, Wisconsin Meetup scheduled for Wednesday has been moved to Tuesday, May 20. RSVP.
- Washington, DC, USA
Friday, April 18, 5 p.m., Whitlow’s on Wilson, 2854 Wilson Blvd., Clarendon, VA. RSVP.
- Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dutch Designers Guild Saturday, April 19, 3 p.m., Dutch Game Garden, Neude 5. RSVP.
- Seattle, Washington, USA
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m., Storyville Coffee, 94 Pike Street. RSVP.
Tuesday, April 22, 7 p.m., Lorong 24A Geylang. Sponsored by buUuk and 13. RSVP.
- Santa Monica, California, USA
General Assembly x Dribbble Friday, April 25, 6 p.m., General Assembly LA, 1520 Second Street, Santa Monica. Sponsored by Shopify. RSVP.
- Sunnyvale, California, USA
Dribbble Meetup @ Yahoo co-hosted by Dribbble co-founder Dan Cederholm and the Yahoo Design Team, Wednesday, April 30, 6 p.m., 701 First Ave. RSVP.
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Thursday, May 1, 6:30 p.m., Cantina, 320 Congress Street. RSVP.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.